Inspire {Fort Myers/Cape Coral Family Photographer}

A month ago, I held a contest for a free session. Little did I know that holding this contest would not only make one really deserving family happy, but it would change my life as well. Meet the Lawreys. They are such a sweet, loving and caring family…you can see it for yourself in these images.

This is Gavin. He is an energetic, spunky and ADORABLE 4 year old. Gavin is like every other 4 year old. He likes to talk about gross boy things and run. However, Gavin was diagnosed with Paroxysmal Kinesigenic Dyskinesia (PKD), and nocturnal seizures in February 2010. This disorder causes Gavin to have episodes that cause him to “shake” and lose muscle control. This doesn’t get him down, though. He is SO happy and sweet despite all of this. I just love this kid.

Can you BELIEVE his eyelashes?

This is Makenzie, Gavin’s 7 year old sister. There is no other way to describe Makenzie than to say she is an angel. She is so in tune to Gavin and his symptoms. She knows the warning signs for an episode and tells his parents when one is going to happen. She also takes such special care of him. After our photo sessions (we had about 10 minutes the first time before the rain rolled in so we had to reschedule), Makenze made me a thank you card and picked out a bow for my daughter (made by her talented mom! check out her work on Facebook by clicking HERE).

Brandi and Jeff, Gavin and Makenzie’s parents, are such wonderful people. They say the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, and in this case it is 100% true. It’s no wonder Gavin and Makenzie are such special children; if you know Jeff and Brandi, you would see why. Jeff and Brandi have a lot on their plate on a daily basis, but this does not stop them from being truly selfless and kind. They inspire me to be a better person. At our proofing session, Brandi gave me a necklace she handmade. I was so touched. These were my FIRST client gifts ever. She told me she appreciated everything I had done for them thus far. I teared up.

The Lawreys have some monstrous medical bills that they have to pay every month. They have to go without things some months because of these medical bills that result from the multiple tests, doctors visits and medication Gavin needs daily due to his disorder.

The second annual Friends of Gavin Lawrey Fall Golf Scramble will be held on Oct. 8, 2011 in Cape Coral to help raise funds for these medical bills.

The registration is $75 for single golfers and $300 for a team of four, which can be done before or on the day of the event. The fee includes a complimentary breakfast, luncheon and goodie bag.

Registration can be done by calling Bob Bravard at 239-458-0626, email him at annandbob@embarqmail.com or stop by Palmetto Pines Country Club, where the tournament will be held.

Also, if you are on Facebook, check out The Gavin Lawrey Trust Fund page for more info!

SJDxo

Like this post? Share it!

• Facebook
  • Diggit
  • Delicious
  • Diggit
  • Diggit
  • Diggit

14 Responses to “Inspire {Fort Myers/Cape Coral Family Photographer}”

1. Blair says:

Beautiful family! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Hope their fundraiser is a success!

2. Meeghan says:

Thanks for sharing their story. they are a beautiful and I am honored to call them family!

3. brooke says:

Oh, these are so beautiful Shannon! And, what a gorgeous family.. you captured them wonderfully!

4. Joy says:

Wow, what a gorgeous session! Beautiful images, Shannon, they are a feast for the eyes!

5. Brandi says:

I can’t stop looking at this blog! It is definately my FAVORITE!! (I have no idea why… lol) Seriously, Shannon… I can’t thank you enough for capturing these amazing moments in our life. You have this amazing ability to put photos together in such a special way. You tell a story with these images in a way that I, the mother could not have done. In fact, you tell a story with all of your images. What a gift you have! I feel so honored and so blessed that you have shared your talents and gift with our family. Thank you!

6. Shannon says:

Thank you so much everybody! It was truly a pleasure working with this family. Brandi, thank you so so much for the kind words. I means the world when clients appreciate what I do and are truly, very happy w/ their photos. Love to all of you! xo

7. stephanie T says:

This session is beautiful, your family sessions are so inspiring lately.. I so wish you were closer to us :( Beautiful!!!

8. Jennifer says:

Gorgeous photos — and what a beautiful story of family love and constancy. Love it. Their heart seriously shines through their smiles. Here’s hoping the golf event went well.

9. Very shortly this site will be famous amid all blog viewers,
    due to it’s pleasant articles or reviews

10. I simply want to say I am just very new to blogs and absolutely liked you’re web-site. Almost certainly I’m planning to bookmark your website . You definitely have exceptional article content. Many thanks for revealing your web page.

11. BertPBrading says:

There may be certainly a good deal to know about this topic.
    I enjoy all the points you might have made.

12. Jamie Adrian says:

Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It’s on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the
    same layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

13. Those who all have badly credit should apply through here. One
    will certainly even spray online to find cash advance loans.
    That can is just they execute. http://www.wikipedia.org

14. This one help will probably be required to meet all the needs in time.
    House esteem make a difference not certificate you in do and so. http://www.google.com

All Images Copyright Shannon J Dodge Photography | Blog Theme Created by LJP & SLR Lounge
Connect-Facebook